gloii Korea ESL Job Bridge

Connecting Bridge where ESL Teachers and Schools meet

Teachers: Submit Your Application

Our Services

Ready to get started teaching and living in Korea? APPLY NOW to get your position. Our services are Free!

Our Services

Our Services

gloii serves as a unique focal point for ESL schools in Korea and ESL teachers from Native English speaking countries.

글로이 제안

Our Services

글로이는 한국의 ESL 학교와 영어를 모국어로 사용하는 ESL 선생님들이 만날 수 있는 가장 최적의 환경을 제공합니다.

Schools: 강사 채용공고

Our Services

귀사의 채용 공고를 제출해주시면 자동 매칭되는 선생님의 이력서를 이메일로 받아 보실 수 있도록 보내드리겠습니다.

You are here:

All teachers should submit Nationwide Criminal Record Checks (CRC) with an authenticating Apostille document or certification from a Korean Consulate (in case of Canada).

CRC's issued through third party providers are not acceptable with Korean Immigration. Meaning: you can NOT use a private company to obtain the background check; it MUST come directly from a police department or government office/bureau. Additionally, checks that were ordered online & come as ‘print outs’ are NOT accepted by the Korean authorities.


The CRC must have been issued within the last 180 days - CRC’s older than 6 months will not be accepted by the Korean authorities.


Before sending your CRC to Korea for processing, it MUST be authenticated with an Apostille seal certificate and Canadian teachers need to secure a consulate verification stamp as an alternative to the Apostille Seal. Refer to our article Getting Apostille.



1. USA

From year 2011, all teachers from the United States need to submit nationwide CRC from the FBI. State level CRC are no longer accepted.


YOU MUST request that the FBI authenticate your criminal background at time of submitting your fingerprints to them; the FBI will NOT authenticate your check unless you specifically request it at the time of order.


FBI checks can take up to 3 months to process; therefore, those who are serious about the opportunity are advised to order their FBI check ASAP

Visit the FBI page for details at Identification Record Request/Criminal Background Check.



2. UK

British teachers MUST submit a Subject Access Report (SAR) or, a Basic Discloser. You can usually locate and secure either of these checks from the designated police headquarters in your area or the Data Protection Office. Subject Access Reports take 40 days to process and Basic Disclosers can take 2-3 weeks (or more) to process.


British teachers can put in a request for a Subject Access Request from anywhere in the world and have it sent to them or to a third party in the UK.


If you are in the UK and have been living at the same address for 12 months then you can apply online for a Basic Disclosure or go through the Subject Access Request.


Do NOT use the Criminal Records Bureau to secure your check ( is not accepted)

Locate your police at Ask The Police.

You can apply online for a basic disclosure certificate on the Disclosure Scotland website.



3. Ireland

Background Checks in Ireland are usually referred to as Police Checks, Police Clearance Letters or Certificates of Character.


You can secure Police Check Certificates by contacting the Garda Police Station in your jurisdiction and requesting a Police Check Certificate of Character.


Once they have your details you should get a number you can call to track it and generally it take 2 to 3 weeks for it to be delivered.

Garda Siochana: Ireland's National Police Service



4. Australia

Australian teachers can request a National Police Check from Korea or anywhere else by contacting The Australian Federal Police (AFP).

Australian Federal Police > National Police Checks



5. New Zealand

Background Checks in Ireland are usually referred to as Police Clearance Reports. The Ministry of Justice does not issue Police Clearance Reports over the phone. In most cases, New Zealand teachers will need to download the proper form from their website and submit a written copy which has been signed and dated with an ink signature.

The Ministry of Justice > Criminal Records



6. South Africa

South African English teachers who want to get a Police Clearance Certificate can send their request by courier to the Department of Foreign Affairs.

South African Department of Foreign Affairs > Application for Police Clearance Certificate


Follow us on Facebook